A PASSION FOR VISUAL STORYTELLING
I've come to the realization that I'm a visual storyteller, and this is a great advantage when it comes to my chosen career. Every project, every job comes down to the same thing -- setting the tone and telling the story.
Throughout the course of my career as a graphics artist I have had many wonderful opportunities to hone this skill.
14 YEARS AT A GANNETT NEWSPAPER
Responsible for the art direction and creation of compelling (at times award-winning) graphics to accompany and enhance editorial content for the newspaper as well as multimedia content for the web.
UX/UI SOFTWARE DESIGNER - 7 YEARS
Responsible for design, illustration, animation, character development, game development, scripting for over 30 profitable and award-winning educational software titles
CREATIVE CONSULTANT - 12 YEARS
Providing art direction, graphic design, logos, illustration, and concept development for many corporate clients including:
• Reader’s Digest • Tamarack Press
• Gannett Company • Mechanical Contractors Union
• Hagedorn Communications • Artgig
• Cara Martin Advertising • Tefaf Art Fair
• Ciba Specialty Cemicals • Minyanville
• Romania Tourist Office • Benchmark Education
• Netheralnds Board of Tourism • Belgium Tourist Office
• SunburstTechnology • Cablevision
SKILLS POINTING TO THE FUTURE
The future of the animation, interactive design, and illustration seem to be converging - which puts my experiences front-and-center.
That being said, I am constantly upgrading my skills with the latest tools in the ever-changing world of digital publishing.
I love my work -- I hope this is obvious.